NaDiaProbes Data Sheet
Benefits of NaDiaProbes
- Low Wear: Increased wear performance compared to silicon (x 1,000) or silicon nitride (x 100) probes; for typical AFM scans – no observable wear.
- No Tip Shape Degradation: Superior dimensional stability over extreme distances.
- Bio Friendly: Low surface energy of diamond leads to superior imaging performance on soft, sticky substrates (bio, polymers, government lab experiments).
- Resists Fouling: Resists build-up of debris when imaging soft materials.
- Low Friction: Low friction inhibits sample damage during imaging.
- Availabilty: Available in single packs and in wafer-scale volumes.
Above: While imaging a hard surface in contact mode, NaDiaProbes maintained tip size (radius) for 100 scans. Over the same material, the SiN probes wore out.
Below: Time lapse video of 1,500 scans using a single NaDiaProbe (ND-DYCRS) imaging GaAs Quantum Dots on a Cypher AFM. The mode is piezo-force microscope. An AC bias is applied to the tip (made of conductive diamond – both the tip and the cantilever). Topography (height) is on the left, conductive image on the right.